The BIRO 22SS Meat Saw, 12” (30.5cm) diameter Blade Wheels, 91” (231cm) Saw band is a smaller saw that’s ideal for small meat shops, grocery service meat counters, and fish shops. It’s 1½ HP motor has the power and size to meet your custom meat and fish cutting needs. The unitized welded stainless steel base and cast aluminum head (optional stainless head) resist corrosion and ensure long equipment life. The upper wheel assembly and lower wheel drive assembly utilize tapered roller bearings for smooth operation and low long term maintenance. It’s separated, enclosed motor compartment helps protect the motor against moisture and corrosion. The optional stainless steel head assembly and optional watertight magnetic switch assembly turn the 22SS into a perfect production saw for meat, poultry and fish cutting operations. Our 22SS incorporates the superior design and engineering you’ve come to expect from BIRO, which means you’ll get years of use, low maintenance, and lower overall cost of ownership.
- Construction: Stainless steel base, Aluminum head standard; Stainless Steel head structure (optional – extra cost)
- Standard Features: Two saw blades • Operation and safety manual • Safety wall poster • End cut safety pusher plate. Switch: Toggle, standard, 2HP rated.
- Head and Door: Aluminum, (optional stainless steel), entire assembly removable. Base
- Structure: Stainless steel.
- Blade Standard: Hard tooth, four teeth per inch, 5/8” (16mm) wide, .020 (.51mm) thick, 91” (2311.4mm) long (two supplied with each saw).
- Blade Speed: 3000 feet (914m) per minute approx. Blade Back-up
- Guides: Upper and lower blade backup guide assemblies, removable, with long life carbide back-up inserts.
- Blade Wheels: 12” (30.5cm) cast iron, chrome nickel plating, upper wheel assembly lifts out.
- Bearings: Heavy duty tapered roller bearings used in upper wheel and lower bearing housings.
- Catch Pan: Poly, extra deep (rounded corners) bone dust pan sealed off from other parts of base, accessible through base hinged door.
- Cleaning Unit: Stainless steel body, long life carbide guide insert, stainless steel saw cleaners, removable as a unit for easy cleaning.
- Drive System: Non slip silent v-belt, tension adjustable. Legs: Four (4) stainless steel leg bolt levelers.
- Meat Carriage: Stainless steel with nylon guides and stainless steel bearings.
- Meat Gauge Plate: Stainless steel faced, adjustable from 1/16” (1.59mm) to 6½” (165mm) locks in position, can be disengaged, entire assembly removable for cleaning.
- Motor Compartment: Sealed off from meat contact areas, easily accessible through removable panel door.
- Rear Platter: All stainless steel, held in place with two push pull hold down stainless steel rods.
- Safety End Cut Pusher Plate: Standard, removable.
- Options (EC): Power cord and plug • Watertight magnetic switch with thermal overload and under voltage protection • Stainless steel head • 2HP motor • Stationary front table (see drawing at right) • Bone pusher assembly for Stainless Steel head only. Certification: U.L., N.S.F., U.S.D.A., C.F.I.A. C.S.A.: 115-60-1 & 230-60-3 Weight: Uncrated: 308lbs. (140 kg.) approximate. Crated: 375lbs. (170 kg.) approximate. SS head – add 20 lbs. (9kg). Dims. Crated: L = 40”(101.6 cm) , W = 32”(81.3 cm), H = 42”(107 cm).
Stainless Steel Wheels